Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vendor Spotlight: Tonya Joy Photography

Intimate, colorful and full of personality is how I would describe a picture taken by Tonya Joy. Each and every image she captures is full of life and love. Her use of light is exquisite, and her creative ability to encompass a couples personality in each image is unparalleled.
When I contacted Tonya about doing a vendor spotlight she was more than happy to comply. So lets sit back and get to know Tonya a little bit better!



Zenadia Design: How did you get started in photography?
Tonya: Serendipity...we lost our family camera at Sea World and I decided to upgrade the point and shoot to a DSLR. I never thought I would make it a business, but I fell in love immediately! I love meeting new people, capturing beauty in time, and sharing in the most incredible days in people's lives. I am blessed to witness love, family, and joy.

ZD: The lighting in your pictures is so amazing. What inspires you as you are photographing?
T: I am inspired to find beauty in everything around us. A camera can bring out beauty in the most unsuspecting places and I love that! I always have an open mind and go with my instincts. I love color, pattern, and light. The sun is a powerful tool and can breath life into any image...

ZD: What is your approach to working with couples?
T: I want them to be comfortable with me. I try to make it fun...to bring out their passion and love for each other. I want them to laugh, flirt, and show me who they really are. If I can capture love in it's most honest form, a man holding the woman he can't stand to live a day without, and a woman realizing that she is the most beautiful girl in the world then I consider myself a success.

ZD: When not taking pictures, what might we find you doing?
T: Busy, busy, busy...taking care of my beautiful little girls and home. I have many passions including sewing, home decorating, graphic design, and fitness. My greatest goal is to enjoy the creative talents I have been blessed to enjoy while maintaining a crisp focus on what is most important in my life...my family.

Thank you so much, Tonya! Now lets enjoy some of Tonya's beautiful work!



















Thank you so much, Tonya for sharing these wonderful images with us! You truly have a passion for what you do which is evident in every image you capture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the spotlight!

xoxo

Tonya
www.tonyajoy.com/myjoy

Teal Chic said...

Gorgeous photos!!!!!

Unknown said...

Nice spotlight, Heidi.
And you have a beautiful blog.

amelia said...

Tonya rocks, great spotlight!!!

Amelia

Gena Susan said...

Way to go, Tonya!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online