Friday, May 9, 2008

Groom's Cakes

To finish off our cake week, I thought we would talk a little about groom's cakes.
I thought the tradition of the groom's cake was fairly new. To my surprise, I found that it originated in the 17th century! There are many different versions of the groom's cake, however the most popular version these days is a cake that reflects the style and hobbies of the groom. Most of the time groom's cakes are cut and served at the wedding. Sometimes couples prefer to offer the groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner, a perfect time since traditionally, the groom's family usually hosts this occasion.
Are you having a groom's cake, and if so, what is it going to look like?


I hope you all enjoyed cake week and I hope it gave you some great ideas and inspiration for your own wedding cake or baking at home. =)
Picture Credits:
All cakes from Brides.com via this article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved cake week. There are some absolutely gorgeous cakes out there. Was surprised the groom's cake idea originated long ago.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online